Portable Appliance Tester (PAT) training is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively test portable electrical appliances for electrical safety. PAT testing involves the inspection and testing of various electrical equipment, such as power tools, and other portable devices, to ensure that they are functioning correctly and do not pose a risk of electrical hazards, Faults, and minimize the risk of accidents or electrical failures
Course Objective :
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Understand electrical safety and regulations
- Understand portable appliance testing techniques and procedures
- Understand portable appliance classifications
- Understand the ingress protection system IPs
- Identifying electrical hazards
- Developing maintenance and record-keeping practices for portable electrical equipment
- Portable equipment electrical safety rules
- Electrical appliance classification.
- Portable equipment inspection
- Ingress protection systems
- Testing procedures using Potable appliance tester
- labelling methods and record keeping
Who Should Attend?
Electrical Technicians, Engineers and supervisors with operation and maintenance responsibilities in electrical department.