- Promote a thorough knowledge & understanding of the PTW System, its scope and objectives.
- Confirm delegates are able to identify hazards and carry out risk assessment procedures.
- Using a role play, have delegates participate in a step-by-step flow through the operation of the PTW system.
- Ensure delegates are provided with the opportunity to demonstrate their competence to function as a PTW signatory.
The program designed to provide the knowledge and understanding of the PTW procedure to enable delegates to competently carry out the role of a signatory and to cover the following;
- Carrying out hazard identification and the risk assessment process.
- The PTW System, its scope and objectives.
- Work that needs a permit, who produces and signs it, when, where and for what activities.
- Roles and Responsibilities of persons who sign permit documents.
- A step-by-step flow through how the PTW system operates.
- Control of isolations, the work tracking system and PTW system certificates.
Hazard management, job safety plans, TRIC cards and toolbox talks.
Who Should Attend?
Who will fulfill a role within the Permit to Work System as a permit applicant, area authority or responsible Supervisors .