This course is designed to provide the participant with an understanding of the characteristics of flammable materials, classification of hazardous locations, types of equipment used in hazardous areas, typical wiring systems, and inspection and maintenance guidelines.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Understand the sources of ignition, flash points and ignition temperatures;
- Understanding of the general principles of explosion protection;
- Knowledge of the general principles of types of protection and marking;
- Awareness of those aspects of equipment design which affect the protection concept;
- Knowledge of the content of certificates and relevant parts of IEC/EN 60079-14;
- Generalunderstandinge of inspection and maintenance requirements of IEC/EN 60079-17;
- Familiarity with the particular techniques to be employed in the selection and erection of equipment referred to in IEC/EN 60079-14;
- Sources of ignition
- Ignition temperature
- Hazardous Location Classification (NEC and IEC) Grouping of gases
- Temperature classifications
- Equipment identification
- Apparatus label marking
- Flameproof enclosure
- Types of cables and glands suitable for hazardous areas
- Wiring methods for flameproof and intrinsically safe equipment Inspection and maintenance installations
Who Should Attend?
Electrical Technicians, Instrument technicians, Engineers and supervisors with operation and maintenance responsibilities in hazardous areas equipment.