To give the attendees such knowledge and skills to enable them to erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures in traditional tube and fitting and common system scaffolds. Level 1 Scaffolders should only carry out the erection and dismantling of scaffold structures covered within course. They are competent to work as part of a team, but must not lead operations if the work is outside the scope of the training, adequate direct supervision is required at all times.
CISRS (OSTS) Scaffolder (Level One) Tube & Fitting or System Scaffolding
This course is aimed at trainee Scaffolders who require basic scaffolding skills training carried out at an approved centre or on client’s sites.
CORE THEORY UNITS
- General Health and Safety Awareness
- International Best Practice
- International Performance Standards
- Local Legal Requirements
- Components/Materials recognition
- Manual Handling (SG6)
- Fall Prevention (SG4)
- Foundations/Integrity and stability (Bracing & Ties etc)
- Access & Egress
- Static and Mobile Tower (2 Lifts including foot tie – Two static and one mobile for demo)
- Independent with Return (2 Lifts including foot tie)
- Nine Standard Birdcage Scaffold (2 lifts including foot tie)
- Practical/Theory Test
Certification: Successful delegates will receive an Overseas Scaffolder Level 1 Certificate of Training and Record Card. (Renewed every 5 years)
Notes: Translator required if instructor cannot speak the language.
Six Months site experience is required before the learner can proceed to L2 training.
Learners to attend training with Safety Harness & Lanyard, boots, hardhat, level, tape, spanners/hammer