To provide information on Hazardous Area Classification procedures and techniques.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Legal requirements and Australian Standards.
- Properties of explosive gases and vapors.
- Properties of combustible dust.
- Hazardous area classification procedures and techniques, including the gathering and analysis of data relevant to the explosive hazard.
- Determination of the extent of the risk.
- Documentation of the hazardous area zones.
- Equipment selection.
- General installation requirements.
- Electrical protection.
- Record keeping – the Verification Dossier.
- Explosion-protection techniques
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and workers who deal with hazards