- Introduction to First Aid
- Aims and learning objectives of First Aid
- Principles & Definition First Aid
- Initial actions in the Event of Casualties
- Life Threatening Conditions
- Emergency Scenario (Group Activity)
- Identifying the problem
- Heart attack
- Injury Emergencies
- Internal bleeding
- Head, Neck & Spine Injuries
- Broken Bones & Sprains
- Electrical Injuries
- Recovery Position
- Recognize a medical emergency.
- Understand the actions of an emergency plan and summon help.
- Undertake casualty vital sign and consciousness checks including control of bleeding.
- Explain breathing and heart emergency signs and immediate care.
- Undertake care for casualties not breathing, obstructed airways or in cardiac arrest.
- Place a casualty in the recovery position.
- Undertake immediate muscle, bone and joint injury care.
Who Should Attend?
- Designated first responders
- Individuals needing training for job or regulatory requirements