This course is an introduction to electrical safety in the workplace. The learner is provided with a basic overview of electrical hazards and safety issues commonly encountered in workplaces including construction, manufacturing, utilities, retail, agricultural and office environments. The course describes the basics of electricity and how to recognize electrical hazards and covers different types of preventive devices such as fuses and circuit breakers. It is intended for managers, supervisors and workers who are not formally qualified to work with electrical equipment and energized parts. The course does not cover lockout, nor is it intended for workers who work directly with electrical equipment or installations who must have specific training and qualifications. The curse will cover:
- Understanding electricity and electrical hazards
- Electrical injuries (effects on the body)
- Hazard control: electrical equipment and devices
- Electrical hazards in the workplace
- How to recognize hazardous situations
Who Should Attend?
Electricians and Electrical Technicians