The course aims to embed the candidates with essential knowledge for social and economic transformation and contribute to the upliftment and economic growth of the mining and minerals sector.
After completion of the course, the delegate will have an understanding of the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of drilling blast holes in a surface mining operation.
- Prepare to drill blast holes.
- Drill blast holes.
- Complete the duties of the drilling of blast holes
- The legal and specified requirements for a safe, healthy work environment in the drilling of blast holes process and the consequences of not adhering to the above are explained.
- The specified actions to be taken, should sub-standard conditions and problems about the drilling of blast holes are encountered, are explained.
- The specified operating parameters, control methods, and the consequences of not adhering to these are explained.
Personal protective and safety equipment is verified, examined and used by specified requirements.
- Pre-use inspection is conducted in such a way as to identify all equipment defects that may impair production or cause damage to equipment or injury to people. Defects are reported or rectified as per site-specific requirements.
- The drilling of blast holes is stopped by specified requirements. In addition, specified lock-out procedures are adhered to.
- Reporting and recording are conducted by specified requirements.
All employees interested in following a career in the mining or mineral sector.