To provide students with the essential knowledge necessary to help reduce or eliminate the occupational risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Explain the epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne diseases.
- Explain the modes of transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
- Recognize tasks and activities that may involve exposure to blood and other infectious materials.
- Explain how to select personal protective equipment.
- Describe the required signs and labels and/or colour-coding
- Osha Bloodborne pathogens standard
- Specific Bloodborne pathogens
- Hepatitis B immunization
- Your company exposure control plan
- Transmitting Bloodborne pathogens
- Methods to control the risk of exposure
- When exposure occurs
Who Should Attend?
Individuals with contact with blood or other infectious materials.