This course covers the fundamentals of safety and the significant approaches for assuring system safety for process control, including integrated and separate systems, Fieldbus solutions, intrinsic safety, functional safety, process control design solutions, SIS, safety alarms and various international standards.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Provide an overview of safety systems related to process control systems
- Discuss intrinsic and functional safety solutions
- Understand Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) and techniques
- Consider the appropriate Fieldbus choices that are available
- Implement safe design and risk management, and consider safety approvals
- How traditional Fieldbus is inadequate for safety-related controls
- Existing safety systems that are ready to be used
- The current approach to a safe communication bus
- Checks and balances to meet safety requirements and protection
- How to share infrastructure between the safety bus and conventional communication channels, and
- All aspects of process control, where it is affected by safeguarding
Who Should Attend?
Professionals involved in designing, selecting, specifying, installing, testing, operating and maintaining safety systems for process control.