Develop skills in incident investigation techniques, gather complete, accurate, and objective incident data, establish root causes, report findings, and determine corrective action.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Understand the accident investigation process.
- To determine which incidents need to be investigated.
- To understand the principles of accidents/incidents and near misses.
- To determine the root causes of accidents and incidents.
- What data to include in an investigation report.
- Principles of accident investigation.
- Benefits of accident prevention.
- Basic concepts of human factors.
- Accident reporting and scope of the investigation.
- Accident investigation techniques.
- Stages of accident investigation.
- Practical exercises and case study.
There is an end-of-course multi-choice Knowledge Assessment paper and ongoing formative assessment during the training. Candidates who successfully complete the accident investigation training in full will receive a Knowledge Grid certificate of training attested by the Ministry of Manpower.
Who Should Attend?
Persons who are presently or plan to become involved in the investigation of incidents in the workplace, or persons seeking employment who need to build a portfolio of competence.