The program designed to prepare staff who may be nominated, as individuals or as a member of a team, to investigate incidents or accidents.
By completion of the program the delegates must be aware of ;
- Why investigate incidents? (including current Company statistics).
- Initial response to an incident
- Gathering initial facts from the scene and evidence preservation.
- Forming and effective investigation team and its terms of reference
- Investigation techniques and philosophies.
- Interviewing witnesses.
- Determining relevance of information.
- Following information leads.
- Validation of gathered evidence and corroboration.
- Determining human behaviour and motivators.
- Analysing the Management System and Procedures.
- Analysis of findings.
- Finding the reasons behind the cause(s).
- Determining sensible and SMART actions to learn from the incident.
- Preparation, review and publication of the report.
- Practical role play with case studies. (6 hours)