The training designed to provide an awareness of Asset Integrity – Process Safety (AI-PS) in PDO and by completion of the program the delegates must be aware and understand the following;
- AI-PS definitions. Asset Integrity – Process Safety (AI-PS) definitions including Technical Integrity, Design Integrity and Operating Integrity.
- Process safety incidents. Examples of process safety incidents in industry and in PDO.
- Definition and classification of Process Safety Events. The link between process safety incidents and Process Safety Basic Requirements.
- The barrier concept. The barrier concept and Bow-Ties. The barrier concept and Safety Critical Elements (SCEs). How the barrier concept, Bow-Ties and Manual of Permitted Operations (MOPO) can be used in operational risk assessments.
- Process safety management system. AI-PS framework (CCPS Risk-Based Process Safety). The four pillars of process safety, i.e. process safety commitment, understand hazards & risk, manage risk, and learn from experience. The twenty process safety elements.
- Process safety assurance. AI-PS assurance including knowledge and understanding of level 2 and 3 assurance activities and supporting materials.
- Roles and responsibilities for process safety. HSE Case Owners & Custodians and HSE Critical Positions described in Operations HSE Cases. Accountabilities of project managers. The role of a Technical Authority. The role of the AI-PS Asset Leadership Team (AIPSALT) and Element Champions in AI-PS assurance.
- Role model AI-PS behaviours. PDO golden rules and Life Saving Rules. Safety leadership.
- Understanding the relation between DCAF/PCAP assurance framework and Asset Integrity-Process safety.