To teach the safe use of Rigging and Slinging equipment, to ensure the safety of the Slinger Signaller, the safety of other persons nearby, the safety of the Crane, the safety of the load, safety of nearby property, and safety of the environment.
RTITB Slinger Signaller Course (Experienced)
1. Perform all pre-use inspection and safety checks.
2. Understand the safe lifting-capacity and methods of use, of various kinds of Slinging and Rigging equipment.
3. Understand and use correct Banksman communication.
1. Operating principles, operator controls, and mechanical daily checks.
2. Reading the lifting capacity of the Slinging equipment and calculating the weight of every load.
3. Understand the effects of Center of Gravity.
4. Site Hazard awareness.
5. Rigging and slinging principles; use and limitations of all types of chains, wire ropes, slings, shackles, and accessories.
6. Correct demonstration of Banskman communication.
7. Emergencies – what to do in emergency situations, e.g. overturn, fire, collisions, etc
sixteen (16) hours
English, Arabic or Hindi
Slinger Signaller Experienced
Any personnel with previous experience of Slinging and Signalling duties, who have not been previously trained, or who do not hold a valid, in-date, ABA qualification (RTITB, ITSSAR, NPORS, AITT)
PPE (Coveralls and Safety Boots), or as required by client if training on client’s site
Candidate must be physically fit to handle Slinging and Rigging equipment
For practical training, Crane and Rigging and Slinging equipment to be supplied by client.
Proof of previous experience must be supplied, in order for a candidate to undertake the Experienced course. This proof can be in the form of In-House Training Certificates, Records of Training, Letters and witness statements, etc.