To teach the safe operation of MEWP equipment, to ensure the safety of the operator, the safety of other persons nearby, the safety of the MEWP, safety of nearby property, and safety of the environment.
RTITB Mobile Elevated Work Platform Operator Course (Experienced)
1. Perform all pre-operating checks and safety checks.
2. Understand the safe lifting-capacity, travel, and center of gravity limitations of a MEWP.
3. Safely travel the MEWP, and lift and lower the platform/basket from/to any location.
1. Operating principles, operator controls, and mechanical daily checks.
2. Reading the lifting capacity of the MEWP, and understanding overload situations.
3. Understand the effects of stability and Center of Gravity, and how to correctly deploy outriggers/stabilisers (if applicable)
4. Safety procedures for lifting and lowering the platform, and travelling from/to any location.
5. Working at Height safety, and use of PFAS (Personal Fall Arrest Systems)
6. Emergencies – what to do in emergency situations, e.g. overturn, fire, collisions, etc
twelve (12) hours
English, Arabic or Hindi
Mobile Elevated Work Platform Operator Experienced
Any personnel with previous experience of MEWP equipment operation, who have not been previously trained, or who do not hold a valid, in-date, ABA qualification (RTITB, ITSSAR, NPORS, AITT. IPAF is also acceptable)
PPE (Coveralls and Safety Boots), or as required by client if training on client’s site
Candidate must be physically fit to operate MEWP equipment, and must not be afraid of heights
For practical training, MEWP and Safety Harnesses to be supplied by client, if training on clients site
Proof of previous experience must be supplied, in order for a candidate to undertake the Experienced course. This proof can be in the form of In-House Training Certificates, Records of Training, Letters and witness statements, etc.