The course designed to provide delegates with basic knowledge and understanding of SABA and SCBA, confined space entry hazards, controls and responsibilities, and the basic skills required to safely prepare and use a SCBA, in toxic, other irrespirable atmospheres, confined spaces and for emergency rescue purposes, solo or as a team member.
By completion of the course the delegates must understand the following;
- Types, functions and limitations of Respiratory Protection Equipment using compressed air. (SABA, SCBA, Escape sets)
- Negative pressure & Positive pressure facemasks and cowls – what they can do and what they cannot.
- Draeger ‘PA94 Plus’ SCBA backplate and harness, pressure reducer, demand valve, gauge and whistle, Panorama Nova facemask, cylinder types.
- Camlock ‘Fastmask’ and ‘Fastcowl’
- Pre-use tests, Donning & start-up tests, ‘Doffing’ SCBA, after-use disassembling, cleaning/maintaining SCBA for further use, test records.
- The PDO ‘Buddy’ system
- Confined spaces – types, hazards, activities, entry controls and procedures.
- Procedures for emergencies and rescues, confined space entry team members roles and responsibilities
- Rescue equipment, considerations, devising a rescue plan, solo and team rescue techniques.