To teach the safe use of Rigging and Slinging equipment, to ensure the safety of the Slinger Signaller, the safety of other persons nearby, the safety of the Crane, the safety of the load, safety of nearby property, and safety of the environment.
RTITB Slinger Signaller Course (Refresher)
1. Perform all pre-use inspection and safety checks.
2. Understand the safe lifting-capacity and methods of use, of various kinds of Slinging and Rigging equipment.
3. Understand and use correct Banksman communication.
1. Operating principles, operator controls, and mechanical daily checks.
2. Reading the lifting capacity of the Slinging equipment and calculating the weight of every load.
3. Understand the effects of Center of Gravity.
4. Site Hazard awareness.
5. Rigging and slinging principles; use and limitations of all types of chains, wire ropes, slings, shackles, and accessories.
6. Correct demonstration of Banskman communication.
7. Emergencies – what to do in emergency situations, e.g. overturn, fire, collisions, etc
Eight (8) hours
English, Arabic or Hindi
Slinger Signaller Refresher
Any personnel with previous experience of Slinging and Signalling duties, who wish to renew their ABA certification (RTITB, ITSSAR, NPORS, AITT)
PPE (Coveralls and Safety Boots), or as required by client if training on client’s site
Candidate must be physically fit to handle Slinging and Rigging equipment
For practical training, Crane and Rigging and Slinging equipment to be supplied by client.
Candidates who wish to take the refresher course, must hold an in-date certificate or qualification from the ABA (Accrediting Bodies Association). These are RTITB, NPORS, ITSSAR and AITT.
Candidates whose qualifications are expired, or who do not hold an ABA qualification, must attend the Experienced course.