To teach the safe operation of a Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler, to ensure the safety of the operator, the safety of other persons nearby, the safety of the Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler, the safety of the load, safety of nearby property, and safety of the environment.
RTITB Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler Operator Course (Novice)
1. Perform all pre-operating checks and safety checks.
2. Understand the safe lifting-capacity, travel, load center, and center of gravity limitations of a Rough Terrain Telescopic handler.
3. Safely travel the Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler, and lift, lower and transport any load from/to any location.
1. Operating principles, operator controls, and mechanical daily checks.
2. Reading the lifting capacity of the Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler and calculating the weight of every load.
3. Understand the effects of Load Center and Center of Gravity
4. Safety procedures for lifting, lowering and travelling with loads from/to any location.
5. Emergencies – what to do in emergency situations, e.g. overturn, fire, collisions, etc
Fourty (40) hours
English, Arabic or Hindi
Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler Operator Novice
Any personnel required to operate Rough Terrain Telescopic Handlers
PPE (Coveralls and Safety Boots), or as required by client if training on client’s site
Candidate must be physically fit to operate a Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler
For practical training, Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler is to be supplied by client, if training on clients site
Proof of previous experience must be supplied, in order for a candidate to undertake the Experienced course. This proof can be in the form of In-House Training Certificates, Records of Training, Letters and witness statements, etc.