To teach the safe operation of a Counterbalance Forklift Truck, to ensure the safety of the operator, the safety of other persons nearby, the safety of the forklift, the safety of the load, safety of nearby property, and safety of the environment.
RTITB Counterbalance Forklift Truck Operator Course (Novice)
1. Perform all pre-operating checks and safety checks.
2. Understand the safe lifting-capacity, travel, load center, and center of gravity limitations of a forklift truck.
3. Safely travel the Forklift Truck, and lift, lower and transport any load from/to any location.
1. Operating principles, operator controls, and mechanical daily checks.
2. Reading the lifting capacity of the forklift and calculating the weight of every load.
3. Understand the effects of Load Center and Center of Gravity
4. Safety procedures for lifting, lowering and travelling with loads from/to any location.
5. Emergencies – what to do in emergency situations, e.g. overturn, fire, collisions, etc
Three (3) years
English, Arabic or Hindi
Counterbalance Forklift Truck Operator Novice
Any personnel required to operate Counterbalance Forklift Trucks
PPE (Coveralls and Safety Boots), or as required by client if training on client’s site
Candidate must be physically fit to operate a Counterbalance Forklift Truck
For practical training, Counterbalance Forklift Truck is to be supplied by client, if training on clients site